Monday, October 27, 2008

Welcome to the USA

I heard about a family that was going to be adopting five children from Guatemala. I asked if I could follow them while they adjusted to their new lives in the U.S. The first time I met the family, they were just returning from Guatemala after the adoption became legal. Family and friends came to Atlanta to welcome them home. Everyone was crying and hugging. For a second I forgot I was there to take pictures. With tears running down my face, I hugged the mother (who I never met)and introduced myself. "Hi, Congratulations. I'm Jackie the photographer." Awkward. But no one noticed because we were all too busy being happy.

Here's a link to the story (that is on-going at this point and a short slideshow)

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/102608/met_480941.shtml










1 comment:

Kendrick Brinson said...

such nice images in here, lady.

what's the deal? you still gonna work on it? have to wait for elizabeth to say go?